These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all registrations to attend the educational programme/ conference/ congress specified on the registration form (Event). The Terms apply between the person, firm, company or other entity specified on the registration form for the Event (each a delegate) and the Informa Markets entity set out in the registration form that is organising the Event (Organiser).
Please read these Terms carefully as they contain important information. By submitting delegate’s registration to attend the Event (a registration) delegate agrees to be bound by these Terms to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. If delegate does not agree to be bound by these Terms, Organiser will be unable to accept delegate’s registration. For the purposes of these Terms, Informa Markets shall mean the Informa Markets division of the Informa plc group of companies.
- Delegate’s registration is an offer to Organiser to attend an Event, which is subject to Organiser's acceptance in writing (which may include, without limitation, email). A binding contract (Agreement) between delegate and Organiser will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance (Confirmation or Confirmed) is sent by Organiser (whether or not it is received) using the contact details provided at the time of registration. Delegate should contact Organiser if it has not received Confirmation within 5 days of its registration, but in any event if Confirmation is not received by delegate within 14 days of Organiser receiving delegate’s registration, the registration will be deemed to be accepted unless Organiser notifies delegate otherwise. Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept delegate’s registration.
- Delegate will pay Organiser the fees specified on the booking form for the Event (delegate’s fees). Payment of delegate’s fees must be received in full not later than 72 hours before the Event. If payment of delegate’s fees in full is not received before the Event, Organiser may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of delegate’s entry to the Event or refuse delegate’s entry to the Event. No refunds of any proportion of delegate’s fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of delegate’s fees will remain due and payable where entry to an Event is refused under this Condition 2.
- All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to Organiser’s written approval. Discounts for group registrations are only valid for a minimum of 5 attendees specified on delegate’s booking form. Group discounts cannot be combined in conjunction with any other offers or discount codes. If the number of attendees who actually attend the Event is (for any reason) less than the number specified on the booking form, Organiser may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged to reflect the number of attendees who actually attend the Event in line with Organiser’s published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable to Organiser as a result shall be paid in line with Condition 2.
- Prices for each Event are correct at the time of publication. Organiser reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been Confirmed by Organiser.
- It is the intent of the parties that Organiser will receive delegate’s fees net of all applicable taxes, including, without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (Taxes), all of which shall be paid solely by delegate. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of delegate’s fees, the amount of those fees shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including, without limitation, any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
- Delegate may cancel its registration in accordance with this Condition 6. All cancellations must either be submitted online on the customer profile page of the relevant Event or sent in writing to [email protected] and must be received:
• up to 30 days before the first day of the relevant Event to receive a refund of 80% of the Event fees (the remaining 20% of those fees being retained as a processing fee); or
• less than 30 days and up to 15 days before the first day of the relevant Event to receive a refund of 50% of the Event fees (the remaining 50% of those fees being retained by way of a processing and cancellation fee).
Organiser regrets that cancellations cannot be accepted less than 15 days before the first day of the relevant Event. No refunds or other credits will be given in respect of attempted cancellations received after this date and the full amount of delegate’s fees shall remain payable. Delegate acknowledges that the refund set out above (as applicable) in accordance with this Condition 6 is the sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of delegate’s registration and all other liability is expressly excluded. Without limitation, Organiser regrets that refunds cannot be granted on the grounds of unsuccessful country visa applications.
- Substitutions with employees from delegate’s organisation are welcome at any time before the Event start date, but in all other respects the registration of delegate is issued for delegate’s personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Event. Delegate may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party, sell or otherwise transfer its registration to others or exploit its registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
- Organiser may (at its sole discretion) change the format (including, without limitation, from a physical event to a virtual event and vice versa), speakers, participants, content, venue location, programme or any other aspect of the Event at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event (as described in Condition 10), in each case without liability.
- Organiser may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel the Event at any time for any reason. Where Organiser changes the date or cancels the Event for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 10 shall apply) or the Covid-19 pandemic (in which case the paragraph below shall apply), Organiser shall offer delegate the option of attending any rearranged Event that Organiser chooses to organise (acting in its sole discretion). If delegate promptly notifies Organiser in writing before the date of the Event that it does not wish to attend the rearranged Event, or if Organiser elects not to rearrange the Event, then delegate will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, at its discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of the delegate’s fees received by Organiser.
- Except in respect of the Covid-19 pandemic (which shall be dealt with as per the applicable paragraph below), where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in Organiser’s sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of Organiser to hold the Event at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Event generally, Organiser shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide an alternative venue for the Event; and/or (ii) reschedule the Event. Any of delegate’s fees received by Organiser shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Event held pursuant to this Condition 10 and delegate shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Event or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If Organiser is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Event pursuant to this Condition 10, then delegate will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in its sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of delegate’s fees received by Organiser, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 20% of delegate’s fees (and Organiser may (in its sole discretion) either deduct the administration charge from any refund or credit note or invoice delegate separately). For the purpose of this Agreement, a Force Majeure Event means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of Organiser including (without limitation) speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, royal demise, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, pandemic, industrial dispute, governmental or public health authority regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Event organised by Organiser pursuant to this Condition 10.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, Organiser shall not be liable to delegate for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or date change of the Event, howsoever arising, or any venue change. Service charges are non-refundable. Personal arrangements, including, without limitation, travel and accommodation, are at delegate’s own risk and Organiser will not be liable for any costs relating to such arrangements, even if the Event is cancelled, changed or moved to new date(s) or a new location (for any reason). Delegate acknowledges and agrees that the provisions of Conditions 9 and 10 set out its sole remedy should the Event date be changed or cancelled and all other liability of Organiser is expressly excluded.
- The Events, whether physical or virtual, are directed at business professionals. They are not intended for children under the age of sixteen (16). Organiser may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Event, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of Organiser represents a security risk, nuisance or disturbance to the running of the Event. Delegate agrees to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by Organiser or the venue owners at the Event.
- All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. Delegate consents to filming and sound recording and photography of the Event as an attendee and delegate consents to the use by Organiser of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Organiser excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) all liability for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss, howsoever arising, suffered by delegate or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). Again, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, if Organiser is liable to delegate for any reason, Organiser’s total liability to delegate in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of delegate’s fees received by Organiser.
- Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, delegate will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time it submits its registration.
- No person other than delegate and Organiser shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions without the prior written agreement of delegate and Organiser.
- Where Organiser agrees to provide a translation of this Agreement, the English language text shall prevail to the extent that there is a conflict between the English language text and the translation.
Disclaimer for activities:
Delegate should consider carefully whether it will be able to participate in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme. Organiser warns that some activities may be physically demanding and/or carry inherent dangers. Delegate accepts that it is entirely its responsibility to decide whether participation in any activity in the visitor programme is appropriate to delegate’s capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health. Delegate also accepts that it is entirely its responsibility to observe all safety requirements and instructions that it may be given in relation to such activities. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Organiser and all entities within Informa Markets (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) hereby disclaim any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, injury or damage arising from delegate’s participation in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme, including, without limitation, any activities held outside of, or incidentally to, the Event that delegate is attending.
In the event that (i) Organiser is forced to cancel or postpone the Event due to the impact of Covid-19, or (ii) delegate is prevented from participating in the Event as a direct result of government-imposed travel restrictions and/or quarantine conditions that prohibit persons in general from:
a) leaving the territory in which Delegate is based;
b) leaving the territory in which the Event is due to take place; and/or
c) travelling from the territory in which Delegate is based to the territory in which the Event is due to take place;
delegate shall be entitled to elect that delegate’s fees shall, at delegate’s election, either be:
i. applied towards delegate’s participation in the next scheduled edition of that Event; or
ii. refunded to delegate less an administration charge equivalent to 20% of delegate’s fees (and Organiser may (in its sole discretion) either deduct the administration charge from any refund or credit note or invoice delegate separately).
For the avoidance of doubt, if the Event is postponed from the originally scheduled dates in accordance with these Terms, this shall not constitute cancellation of the Event.
If you wish to contact us in relation to these terms and conditions, please contact us at:
5 Howick Place,
London, SW1P 1WG, UK
+44 (0) 20 7017 5000